So Much To Say...

I can't believe I've gone this long with out blogging! No wonder I have all these thoughts running around in my brain. I haven't used my usual outlet!
Well, Christmas is here marking the near end of December as well as the year. 2010 has really flown by with the exception of December. It's been a very rough month for me. I had double ear infections and sinus crud hanging around for the first week of December which meant a round of antibiotics. UC and antibiotics are not friends. I think I took a whole bottle of probiotics this month alone trying to counter act what the Cipro would do to my gut while it killed the ear and sinus infections. Luckily the antibiotic only caused some minor irritation so I feel very fortunate. Before Remicade, a round of antibiotics would leave me in the hospital for a week with severe cramps and internal bleeding from the UC. I am so thankful Remicade has made such a huge difference in my life as well as my family's. The saying "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy, " is so true!
December has been full of drastic weather changes around here. My body is VERY sensitive to this and I have been eating pain killers like candy. Not fun. When a northern front comes in, or is headed here, I can feel it in every part of my body. Especially my hips and legs. I walk like a little old lady--not pretty! It's so very frustrating. It keeps me from living my life and takes a toll on my family too. I hate it. Actually, hate is not a strong enough word.
I don't think I've slept through the night in weeks. Not sleeping doesn't help the pain either, it tends to intensify it. It's like I'm running in circles: pain+interrupted sleep=more pain+less sleep. UHG! This also keeps me from working out regularly too. I try to workout through the pain since I believe the benefit far out weighs the present misery but some days, it's just too much. My trainer-Killer Kurt- is awesome and very understanding. He always makes sure I'm not over doing it on my bad days when I make it to the gym. I definitely feel stronger and healthier since I started with him. He's just a young pup and  I am constantly getting on him for calling me "ma'am!" I've got a good 10 years on him but when he calls me ma'am, that feels more like 20 years...
I'm reading a new book and it's got me fired up to really buckle down on my running. Run Like A Mother is really interesting. It's a couple of moms who have managed to compete as runners while still focusing on their families and keeping them a priority. The book started as the two blogged about their life juggling kids, husbands, jobs and running while trying not to lose their sanity. I'm only a few chapters in but I'm hooked. I think this is a rare book that I will take something from to incorporate in my own life.
I haven't touched my Pain Workbook I blogged about earlier. Mainly because of the amount of pain I've been dealing with over the last few months. I know that the workbook will be a good tool for me, however, right now-I need something else too focus on that doesn't have the word pain as the subject. As it is. I feel consumed by my body and my inability to control the hurting.
My sister and her family came in from Northern CA yesterday. She and her hubby have a 2 year old and an 8 month old. I love them dearly but I forget how much work is involved when your kids are small. Even though it seems like yesterday that my boys were that age. I must say-I LOVE my teenagers. They are so much fun and have really developed into amazing and likable people. Who knew? A few years ago I sincerely had my doubts...
Our oldest is now driving. He is actually a very good driver and tends to have a very cautious side to him. Again, who knew? A boy with a car and a somewhat level head? Oxymoron example for sure. I'm finding that this is very a sweet set up. I love that he can go fill up my car with gas or run to the store for milk. He's become quite useful!
Son #2 is changing schools for the spring semester. He lives for sports and we feel he'll have a better opportunity to play in a smaller school. So it's off to Bushland in January. We were fortunate to be able to transfer in and not have to move. Son #1 will finish his high school years in Canyon. I believe that Thomas will be able to find a good niche for himself in Bushland. With a transfer, grades are very important so this will help him to keep his academics a priority too. Say a prayer that his adjustment stage is an easy and uneventful one.
I didn't get Christmas cards out this year. It was one of those things that just slipped through the cracks. I'm aiming for a New Year's photo card. Surely I can complete that task! I just love getting all the cards from our family and friends. Sometimes it's the only way we keep up with a few of them. This is another reason I love the holidays. I love the spirit of family and wishing each other well and blessings for the upcoming year. Aside from the hectic, crazy rabid like shoppers, Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. The older I get, the more value relationships have. Sappy, yes, but very true.
So, January will be here in a few days and I'm actually ready to start the new year. 2010 has been a great one but 2011 promises new adventures. I just love a new adventure and hopefully it will involve a trip somewhere tropical...
Just before Thanksgiving I started a new venture. I started selling jewelry. I love jewelry and this is an amazing company with GREAT jewelry. I hope to sell enough to support my own habit. Premier Designs is the company and they were founded to help fund missions around the world. First, anything that will help spread God is pretty cool to me but then you add jewelry to it and whalaaa! Looking pretty and blessing those less fortunate, BONUS! So if you're in need of some beautiful bling, let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

New Year ~ New Me

There's an oil for that...