Shut your mouth Monnie!!

Heard of buyer's remorse? Well, I have "talker's remorse". When will I learn to control this appliance on my face and the crap that comes out of it?? I think I need a mouth-ectomy.

I don't know why my language turns to the dark side so easily. Well, truthfully, I guess I do--I make a choice. That's what it boils down to basically. I choose to use vial language because it gets a laugh and it's shocking. I'm embarrassed by this side of me that I can't seem to outgrow...

Yes, I am a shock appeal junkie. I love to watch people react to things and if I can get a laugh, even better. But really, must I use the foulest language to do so? It's like I revert back to the 14 year old me who wanted to rebel. Now I just look ridiculous!

So, with the same mouth that I praise God with I can also let loose a string of obscenities that would make a sailor blush. Shame on me!

This is just one of the many areas I want to improve on. Now that I am UC free, I feel like I've been given a 2nd chance to be a better person. I don't want to take anything for granted anymore. I want to be the best me I can be.

Some other areas that have lots of room for improvement: 1) I no longer want to be a procrastinator. This will be as big as the mouth issue for me...   2) Prioritize. I need to figure out what is most important for today and do that. This may be the same thing as my #1 so I guess it's really a huge deal for me...   3) I want to be a better steward of what I have. And I have too much so I need to get rid of a bunch of junk! I need to learn to live with less.  4) I am finally healthy and need to incorporate healthy habits as a daily lifestyle. Drink more water, eat less garbage, exercise more...that kind of stuff.

Well, the list could go on and on and on...

Being human with a free will is not an easy task for me. OK, yes- that is a strange statement. Seriously though, I know I am a good person, a good friend, mother and wife but I still want to be better. I feel like there is always room to improve and be thankful for the life I've been given. Sometimes I get side tracked; I end up on a dirt road with lots of ruts and pot holes named Selfishness. I don't like this road, it beats up my car and makes me unhappy. So today, I plan to do better. I know I'll mess up, possibly a lot, but I'm gonna try. Try to be the person God created me to be.






Comments

  1. I'm with ya, Monnie. I love the uninhibited part of you. Be yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me