Crazy Busy

Crazy.

Busy.

Crazy.

This sums up the last week for me. We are in the middle of moving and I barely have the energy or time to pick my nose let alone blog. Though I enjoy the cleaning out process and excitement of building a new home, I am ready to slow down and find some normalcy again.

To add to the mayhem, Thomas has 2 a days for football as well as scrimmages during the week. So it seems the only time I sit down is in the car driving him around. And because I am so nutso, I forgot to write the date down for a garage sale I'm having with some friends. I thought it was next weekend but it's not--it's this weekend! We are going to try to postpone it to 2 weeks from now. There is no way I can move and do a garage sale this weekend! Good grief! This is not how I pictured a nice, lazy summer...

Hopefully, some of the manic will calm down once we move at the end of this week. What I am pleasantly surprised about is how well my health, energy and stamina are holding up! I love my stoma. Having this bag has truly given back the joy in my life. I thought I would get tired of it after a while, but it is so nice to be out of pain and healthy again. I know if I didn't have it, moving would have brought on a major flare of UC. The only thing I would be doing is packing for a hospital stay!

We went to the OKC Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs game this past weekend and had an awesome time. Only one little oops moment during the game concerning my bag, it came loose! Thankfully, I caught it before it made a huge mess. The bottom part of the wafer somehow lost it's adhesive and left a gaping hole that would have produced quite an embarrassing moment within seconds had I not realized what had happened. My best guess is the hot sticky weather, sweat, and my seat belt caused it to come loose. So, I grabbed my purse with my SOS--S***! Ostomy Supplies--kit and headed to the nearest restroom.

I never, ever, never, ever, ever go anywhere without my SOS kit! As we were parking, I checked my purse and found my SOS kit missing and my heart stopped. Taking a deep breath, I opened the glove box to make sure my emergency SOS supply was there...YES! I was saved and replenished my purse. Whew! Disaster avoided.

Today the crazy business continues. I am headed to the dentist for the pre-braces visit. YUCK. I wore braces for 4 years as a kid but then when my wisdom teeth came in they moved my lowers and changed my bite. Now, I'm getting headaches because of this. So it looks like I'll get to experience some of my youth again. Not exactly the part I wanted to relive...

Also, headed to update boys' passports. They expired in March and we are headed to Mexico in July. Nothing like waiting until the last minute; I'm sure it will cost us-literally...

OK, must run and get this show on the road. As a friend of mine likes to say: "Cue the circus music!"

Comments

  1. 'cue the circus music!'
    keep up the blogs. they are great. and best wishes with the move and house.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

A New Book & Then Some...