Granny Panties...

I woke up at 5:44 this morning with my mind racing.

I hate it when I do this.

It makes me mad.

I am NOT a morning person by any means, I'm more of a noon person. After tossing and turning for about 30 minutes, I decided to get up. The hubs was probably glad to see me go. Now, with coffee in hand, I have a little time to myself before the craziness of today begins.

For some reason, I feel the weight of the world today. Maybe this is what woke me? Not sure why and I can't seem to pinpoint any specific reason for this heaviness, but I just feel bogged down. It's frustrating to me when this happens because I don't know how or what to pray for. I like words so when I can't find the right ones it's a bit exasperating.

My gut seems to be in on this conspiracy too. My bag was so full of air you could have used it as a life raft. When this happens it actually hurts. It pulls at the skin attached to the wafer and also causes severe gas pains. Now it's all rumbly. Ugh, I so don't need this today.

I must be getting very comfortable with my ostomy because I sometimes forget it's there! I've had it for 10 months now and never thought I'd be at this point already. Last night I went to dinner with some girlfriends and realized I only checked it once! I've found a great new way to keep it hidden and comfortable under skirts and dresses. Bike shorts. Not the kind with the padding in the derriere, Lord knows He gave me enough of that. But, the bike shorts keep it next to my body and secure making me forget it's there. I have also discovered that if I wear high cut brief panties it gives me the same protection. This is great for pants and shorts. Now, neither of these are sexy items for sure but, neither is constantly checking and arranging the bag. I am reminded of a scene in Bridget Jones' Diary where she wants to wear sexy undies but opts for the ones that hold everything in...

Bridget Jones' Granny Panties

Now that the sun is up I think I'll get on with my day. I feel a nap coming this afternoon...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me