Austin, TX Turkey Trot

I did it! I registered for my first ever 5K! To say that I am nervous--understatement! I am even reluctant to put it out there that I've signed up... NOW I'M ACCOUNTABLE!

http://thundercloud.com/index.php/trot-home

So now I'm getting serious about training. Told Killer, my trainer, today and he was pumped! Made me even more nervous! But I can do this, right!?!?!

Been doing a lot of soul searching over the last couple of weeks; I've come to the conclusion that my mind is more than half the battle when it comes to physical activity. I am so ready to be past this self doubt that I seem to hang on too. Why is it so hard to put this behind me?

I do still have chronic pain issues and working out seems to magnify some of them right now. I'm hoping the more weight I loose and the better shape I get into, things will settle down. I ordered a book today on living with chronic pain. I'm hoping this will give me some helpful tips as well as insight to deal with it.
http://www.amazon.com/Pain-Survival-Guide-Reclaim-Lifetools/dp/1591470498

The next few weeks are going to be hard as I step up my work outs and begin to train, not to mention changing my diet to an even stricter calorie intake. This is also going to require quite a bit of self discipline, which is not my forte.

I will be better because of this! That's what I keep telling myself anyway...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

A New Book & Then Some...