Day One

Today marks the first day of our detox from summer. Next week starts two-a-days for football and the end of our care free, schedule free, lazy days. I am not sad to see the summer coming to an end. We, as a family, function much better with the routine of school.
*
Don't know what will happen to us when the boys go off to college...
*
So up and exercising was our first goal. CHECK, done by 8:40. Goal 2: whip this house and the boys back in shape. This may be the hardest challenge yet so it is the only other goal for today. Oh, except for me to cook dinner...yep, it may be a hamburger helper type night.
*
Depression symptoms seem to be less over the last few days. Maybe because I spent more time outside. I really need to soak up the sun. Wednesday we went to the lake with some friends, this was so wonderful! It did amazing things for me. Nothing like good friends, good sun and good fun.
*
Last week I picked up Experiencing God to do as a family this fall. It's been almost 20 years since I did this study in college and am really excited for my boys to take part in it too. I also checked out some studies for me but I haven't narrowed anything down yet.
*
I am working hard on coming out of my funk.
*
Back on the wagon as far as the diet is concerned too. I'm seeing some progress but it's slow going which is frustrating. I wanna be skinny yesterday!
*
Still thinking it might be nice to find a part time job somewhere. It will help keep me more disciplined for sure. Haven't heard back from the place I interviewed at earlier so I'm guessing that wasn't the direction I'm supposed to go. Thinking about subbing at Bushland. This might be the best of both worlds knowing I can turn down a sub position if I need to.
*
Still praying for rain. Tropical storm Don is moving into the Gulf bringing the promise of moisture. Hoping it doesn't let us down. The farmers and ranchers around here desperately need it.
*
Shannon and I are quickly approaching 19 years of marriage in August! Crazy that we have been married that long and still like each other! I will be married for as long as I was single before. Yes-I was 19. A lot of people lost some bets on us! Our poor parents tried to talk us out of it and Shannon's even took him to Europe for a month after we were engaged. We were not allowed to make any wedding plans for one month after our engagement either. I guess they were thinking we'd come to our senses...
We met in October, started dating the end of January and were engaged April 1st. In May we started planning the wedding then Shannon and his family were gone the end of June and most of July. But it worked and we were married August 15th, 1992. Two kids, countless animals, infinite groceries and cans of lysol later we are still deeply in love. Who knew?
*
My 20th high school reunion is this weekend. Good grief, time really does just fly by at rocket speed.  We're not going though. Our original plans of being out of town this weekend have fallen through so I have the option of attending, but, I just don't want to. I wasn't very involved when I was in high school, I don't hang out with anyone from then now so I really don't see the point in going. I went to the 10 year and that was interesting. I am shocked at the amount of people from our class who have passed away! All 9 that I know of were WAY too young. We still have so much life ahead to enjoy. Just more proof that were are not promised tomorrow and need to make the most of today. If I'm still around at the 50th class reunion, I'l try to make that one...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me