FAB FANNIES!

A friend of mine is battling colon/rectal cancer right now. She is a beautiful, smart young mom with a busy family. She was diagnosed a while back and had surgery to remove the cancerous tissue from her colon only to find out later that the cancer was back and showing up in her liver. She is fighting hard to keep the cancer at bay with chemo and then another round of surgery. My heart is broken for her and the fact that she is too young to have to deal with this. I HATE CANCER. I do not know what Wendy's prognosis is but based on attitude alone, I'd say she's already won.

Just 2 weeks ago I had surgery to remove my colon and large intestine due to a disease called Ulcerative Colitis. Had I not done this my chances of colon/rectal cancer would be through the roof. So, you can say that I have a very special place in my heart for people battling this cancer. My Grandfather is also a survivor of this dreadful cancer. He had his colon removed and a very rough surgery to remove the cancer that had spread with chemo following.  So here is Wendy's letter, please feel free to contact me if you would like to help  *****************************************************************

Yesterday when I was at chemo talking with everyone, everyone kept noticing my fanny pack. Every time I go into a treatment the nurses are so excited to see which new one I have that treatment. I get excited to pick which one I will use too. The one they give you is a plain black square box for the machine...boring!

I have decided to start a fanny pack drive and my non-profit group will be called "Fab Fannies". The reason I came up with this title is because it not only represents fanny packs but also the "fannies" we are saving from colon/rectal cancer.

This might grow into a big thing but for now I would like for everyone to send me any "larger" sized fanny packs they can find to me. The blingier the better, color is good! www.etsy.com is a good place to start. I will then donate them to all of the local oncology groups around town. If this grows into a bigger thing then I will have representatives for Fab Fannies in other states.

This is a great way to give back and bring a smile to smeones face.

Wendy K.

Comments

  1. Monnie Girl! I am so glad to read your blog and hear your "voice" again! :) Praying your recovery is supernatural and complete! Love you Friend, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me