Being Awestomy!

I recently had the privilege of trying out a new product from Awestomy.com and have to say--I LOVE IT!
My product of choice:  women's wrap in the pink polka dot.

  1. FIT: The cut is very form fitting with the hip part flaring a bit from the waist. I like this as I am a bit of an hourglass shape. I ordered a large and it fit wonderfully. When I first took it out of the package, I thought for sure it was too small. I almost sent it back with out trying it on. (Girls, you know how depressing it can be to try to shove yourself into something too small...) But, I gathered my courage and decided I would take one for the team and what do you know! It fit! Perfectly! I was so very pleased with the way it formed to my body. 
  2. MATERIAL & DETAIL: The material is much like that of a swimsuit. It's a nice weight with out being bulky. It lays against the body with out bulging. There is a "stay" band along the top that keeps the wrap from sliding down as you are active through the day. In fact, I used it to run in a 5K race and it stayed put. Not once did I have to adjust or pull up the wrap. I actually forgot I was wearing it until I lifted my T-shirt to wipe the sweat off my face and a friend commented on how cute the material is. Also to my surprise, it was not hot! My other wraps are too warm to wear in the summer and I rarely wear them to work out in. I usually opt for some kind of compression short to keep my ostomy bag close to my body. The bag pockets on the inside of Awestomy's wrap are more shallow than my other wraps. I like this a lot. Sometimes my other wrap pockets will irritate the bottom of my wafer or even nudge it loose during heavy activity. I did not experience that with the Awestomy wrap.
  3. SUPPORT: I found this wrap gave me all the support I needed during various activities. The wrap kept the bag snug to my body but not so much so that I risked leakage or, as I like to say, a "bagcident". It also supported the part of my belly where my ostomy is located. Much like a girdle, Spanx, or compression short, it just added enough support to keep things comfortable and still un-noticeable. My stomach and abs are still very weak from being sliced and diced over the years of various surgeries so this was a nice surprise. I was also very pleased by how comfortable it was to wear all day unlike some undergarments that are supposed to help hide flaws. The support is more than adequate for the exercising, tennis and running that I do.
  4. AFFORDABILITY: As with any specialty item, cost can be a big factor. This particular wrap is $29.99. I think this is very reasonable, if not inexpensive, for such a product. Other wraps sell for this or more. I have yet to find a wrap less than $29 actually. Based on the quality, I believe it will be well worth the money because it seems to be built to last, of course only time will tell. 
  5. QUALITY: I have washed this product 3 times since receiving it last Wednesday. It has held up perfectly. No shrinking, fading, pilling, pulling at stitching, or coming undone. I am very happy with the quality and the material's elasticity. I do believe I will be ordering more, maybe one in every color...
FRONT

INSIDE FRONT SHOWING OSTOMY POCKETS
AT BOTTOM AND BAND AT TOP

DEPTH OF OSTOMY POCKET

GETTING READY TO RUN~THIS PIC IS STRICTLY FOR VIEWERS TO SEE FIT,
I DO NOT LIKE TO PARADE AROUND IN MY SKIVVIES!

TOP OF WRAP SHOWING UNDER YOGA PANTS
(SORRY FOR THE BLURRINESS AND UNMADE BED)

HIDES OSTOMY NICELY UNDER FORM FITTING CLOTHING


Just so you know--I was not paid for this review. These are my honest opinions that just happen to be flattering to the product. What can I say? I really like this wrap and highly recommend it to others.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me