High Road

Um, yeah...

This is how I feel sometimes. Taking the high road is HARD but I never regret it. When I do act out in anger or frustration, I regret it every darn time.

Am I the only one who feels like this? Like punching and slashing? (You're lying if you tell yourself you never feel this way.)

Here's my experience in NOT taking the high road: I had to double back on my miles, apologize and do major friend maintenance. If I had only taken the high road, I would have eventually seen that the person who lashed out at me was actually not angry with me but having some major issues in her own life. Instead, I allowed my own hurt feelings to dictate my actions causing even more damage in the long run. It makes my stomach hurt every time I think about what I said. Thankfully, we are still friends but it will never be the same. I regret that.

Well, I'm headed out to run for the 1st time in 2 weeks after battling a sinus infection. I'm so ready but a little nervous, I know I will be sucking air like there's no tomorrow. Wish me luck...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me