Immunity of a Popsicle

With autoimmune diseases the immune system is crap. Crohn's is an autoimmune disease therefore my immune system is worthless. I try to take every precaution possible to keep from getting sick. I'm the girl wearing the mask in the doctor's office, not because I'm coughing or sick but because everyone else is! My body does not fight off yucky germs very well. It fights it's self like a pro but bad germs are welcomed with open arms.

The day before my big Humira starter dose, my son came home from school with a nasty throat and ear infection. Being a mother, I couldn't keep from feeling his forehead, touching dishes that he used and just being around him. He was coughing and sneezing and I could see all those little infection cooties floating through the air and then charging me when I came into their view. Sure enough, by the end of the day my throat was scratchy and I was coughing and sneezing. My eyes were itchy and I could feel the snot accumulating. I was on the verge of a full on meltdown from fear of getting sick!

THIS IS A BIG DEAL. If I come down with something, anything, I can't take the Humira injection. Nothing was going to stop me from getting my new meds so I could start getting back to life. 

I am an Essential Oils believer. I've said this before and the more I use them the more hardcore I become. In order to fight the cooties Thomas brought home, I started diffusing Thieves Essential Oil. It's a blend of several oils: clove, lemon, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus radiata and rosemary. I added a drop to some hot tea and drank it and I applied it to the bottom of my feet at bedtime. I also took some benadryl to  help with the sinus issues I felt creeping up. I prayed hard that this would work because I desperately needed to start the Humira the next day. I didn't want to wait a week in order to get over a stupid infection. 

OH. MY. GOSH! I woke up the next day feeling just fine. No snot, no scratchy throat, no itchy eyes and no coughing or sneezing! I continued the Thieves in the diffuser all day until my Humira appointment (1st dosage is usually supervised by your doc's office the rest I will do at home). I cannot even begin to tell you what a relief it was to successfully fight cooties and be able to take the injections!

The other thing I do to stay healthy is drink this Ningxia Red juice. All you need is about a shot glass of it for 1 serving. I take 2 servings every day. It helps people like me whose guts don't absorb much nutrition, vitamins and minerals from food. It's packed with all kinds of goodies from foods that I absolutely cannot eat because of Crohn's. It actually tastes pretty good too.  I was surprised when I first tried it, I had pretty big doubts, but it gave me a little boost in my energy. Let's face it, who can't use a little boost in energy?! In fact, I'm out right now and I'm anxiously awaiting the UPS man!

Now the 2nd most valuable EO in my collection is Valor. Valor is another blend of several oils: spruce, rosewood, blue tansy, and frankincense. It's often used to stop snoring with great success. I, however, use it for night sweats from the stupid Crohn's. I'm talking drenched shirt, wet pillowcase and hair, sheets so wet I would lay a towel down night sweats! I'm on hormone replacement therapy due to a complete hysterectomy so I didn't want any other hormone type stuff and mess up that delicate balance. Besides, this isn't a hormone related issue, it's most definitely disease related. OK, back to Valor, I rubbed a drop on each big toe and 2 drops rubbed into the back of my neck at bedtime. NO SWEATING! Did you read that? NO SWEATING. I know it works because last night I forgot to Valor up and I woke up all sweaty. I won't forget tonight that's for darn sure. 

I'm not trying to sell you my voodoo. I'm just amazed at how well these oils work. I am very skeptical because I've not had much luck in the homeopathic world of natural medicine. I don't doubt that many of the homeopathic remedies work, I just never could find ones that did for me until now. I would love nothing else than to not take pharmaceutical medicine but that is not realistic for me. I'd be very, very sick with out them. I have come to believe that mixing the two worlds is very beneficial. I've found relief from joint pain, colds and viruses, mouth sores, dry eyes, nausea, insomnia and a long list of other issues from combining both regimens. This works for me and I love it.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me