It's Time

We have decided to build again! This is so very exciting and one of my favorite things to do! I know, people think we are crazy because we like the building and moving process.

A little over 10 years ago we built our dream house. It was double the size of anything we had ever lived in and it was our creation. I thought I'd be buried in the backyard. I should've known better, after all, in our first 10 years of marriage we moved 13 times!

Now we've spent approximately 10 years here and it's time for a change. This home holds many, many wonderful memories. The boys were 6 and 4 when we moved in so this is the home they will always remember from their childhood. I think they are ready to try something new too. They are excited about a new bedroom to claim as their own.

I am ready for something new too. While many of our memories here are amazing, this house also holds some very dark times filled with sickness and pain. The stairs are a constant reminder of the days I didn't have the strength or energy to climb them. Our bedroom became a holding cell on the days I couldn't get out of bed. The well worn path leading from my bed to my chair is tattooed forever in my memory. The many, many hours I spent in the bathroom haunt me. My flower beds that have been taken over by Bermuda grass and weeds are a constant reminder of days I lost to illness. I was robbed of so many things I loved to do. Yard work became impossible, laundry insurmountable, stairs unclimbable, and life unmanageable. This home, our dream home, became a prison. A constant reminder of blackness.

8 years of fighting Ulcerative Colitis. 8 years of longing for pain free days. 8 years of counting hours between meds. 8 very long years.

It's time to move forward and to reclaim life. It's time.

By the end of June we hope to be in our rent house anxiously watching our new home in various stages of construction. It's a new beginning, a chance to start fresh. Erik will be a senior and Thomas, a sophomore. We will celebrate Erik's high school graduation in our new home. We will send him off to new adventures from there. It will become his home base. Thomas will finish his high school years in this house. He will grow into a man there. New promises will abound in this new home. The future is full of excitement and expectation.

And I will be healthy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me