See Monnie Run

I'm running again! On a regular schedule! And I love it!!

It ain't pretty but I am getting back into a running routine after YEARS of not being able to keep a regular exercise routine. It feels AHHH-MAZIN'! If I had known how good I would have felt with an ostomy, I would have had it done long before now.

Running is very theraputic for me. It gives me time to think and just enjoy being alone with no texts or phone calls. I turn my music on and away I go.

I really wanted to run this morning but messed around until it was too late and I had to get ready for a lunch with some girlfriends. So, I thought I'd run after lunch, well- that didn't work either because we decided to move to the patio and sip a margarita before ending lunch...  But, when I got home, I surprised myself and decided to go for a run. Shocking, I know, after a margarita! This may be my new routine--I actually shaved a couple of minutes off my usual time! Who knew? Margaritas~ the new sports drink!

I feel for my neighbors though. Everyone is doing yard work and enjoying a beautiful day until I come huffin' and puffin' down the street with my white pasty legs and lack of muscle tone from months of recovery. I'm sure it was quite a sight. In my mind, I picture myself as Bo Derrick running down the beach in the movie 10 but in reality, I look more like Chunk from Goonies.

Well, I'll leave you with that image~~
Too-da-loo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

New Year ~ New Me

There's an oil for that...