What have I done? See Monnie Run cont'd

HOLY CRAP.
I committed to a 5K on May 12th.
I also committed to training with 4 other ladies, one of which is our running guru.

Today was our first "introduction" to running. We did a walk/run for about 2 miles. I learned a lot and did decent. My stamina gave out before we were done though so I walked through the last 2 run cycles. I did finish the work out in the cold wind and spitting rain so I think that should count extra! I did not have a margarita before so maybe that's where I went wrong...

I just got out of the shower and I think I have hit the wall. My legs are tired and yelling at me which is good--means I worked hard. They are screaming for a vodka tonic but I am not giving in. At least not yet...

Trying to tone up and take a little weight off is not for the faint of heart. It is a daily commitment and  a freakin' struggle in willpower! I am motivated though. I lost quite a bit of weight after my 2 surgeries--ileostomy & rectum removal, so I want to continue keeping it off. I need to tone up the muscles that disappeared during my recovery time too.

The hubby and I are headed to Vegas this week for a little fun. This means lots of eating, gambling, more eating and maybe a little pool time. I have made myself a promise to keep up the running while there; it will help me justify the eating. I may need to run 7 times each day...

If you are in the Amarillo area and want to run the 5K, it's in Bushland. I'm adding the link for the application: http://lonestarrunnersclub.net/2012Bushland5KEntry.pdf  And, if you want to train with us too, holler at me and I'll give you the low down.

I need all the accountability I can get so the more the merrier!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me