I mean, really?

Just a few observations:

Is it necessary for people to assume they know you when they have never even met you face to face? And must they make judgements about you and announce them to the whole world? It's a god thing I have a sense of humor. 
Just the other day, someone tells Shannon that his wife has been running around on him and then says, "But you know how it is, I heard your wife was cheating on you too."
WOW! Of course this was news to both Shannon and me. If only I had the time and energy to even contemplate such an idea. I mean, really.


Why do some parents insist on living their lives through their children? As if kids, especially teens, don't have enough outside pressure, must they deal with their parent(s) "wanna be young again" syndrome? I mean, really.


Why can't people mean what they say and do what they promised? I have more respect for someone who tells me no than someone who says yes and then doesn't follow through. I'll admit, this is a hard lesson to learn. Until I got sick, I had never truly understood the verse in Matthew- let your yes be yes and your no be no. If you can't commit to something there is NO shame in saying so. It's called maturity. I mean, really.


I thought as an adult you wouldn't have to deal with the "in-crowd" garbage. I guess some things never change. I am very blessed with good friends, so please do not misunderstand me. I am just amazed that some mean girls never grow out of it. They just become mean women. I wonder why they are this way? What is so threatening that you feel you must bully your way through life? Can't we all just get along? I mean, really.


Well, obviously I woke up with a bee in my bonnet...I guess with the start of school, I'm thrust back into the real world and forced to be around people I normally wouldn't choose. I sound like a petulant little child, I mean, really?





 


Comments

  1. Monnie, I have been contemplating the same type of crap. I am convinced some just never grow up and will always be intent on spreading gossip and meanness. Oh, well, let 'em have at it. I want no part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrr! I cannot stand immature, mean women. Who has the time. Makes me want to kick some &$$ and take names! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me