still working on those lasts...

Well, I'm still a work in progress.

Started with a trainer down here in Canyon at Anytime Fitness. He's a young son of a gun named Kurt. He's really making me work hard and I am definitely getting my money's worth. I can barely speak when we are done and I'm drenched with sweat from head to toe. I can barely stand myself when I get in the car cuz I stink so bad. I go home and literally have to sit for at least an hour while I drink my recovery drink. (and no, it is not an adult bev...) But it's paying off- Shannon says he can tell some of my wobbly bits are not so wobbly anymore. Music to my ears.

I'm finally getting caught up on all my chores and have finally made a dent in the laundry. Feeling less overwhelmed and am able to look beyond the to do list. Of course, hosting a bridal shower for a dear friend this weekend has helped put me in overdrive and I feel soooo accomplished. If it weren't for that I may never have gotten started on all the crap I needed to do.

I am having thoughts of taking a price gun to everything in my house and advertising an estate sale. I beginning to think that living in a shack on the beach with only the bare necessities would be utopia. Not to mention that tan fat is always more attractive than white blubber...

School starts soon. I CANNOT WAIT. the kids need the structure and the challenge and I need my quiet mornings to drink coffee and appreciate them being at school. Erik will be a sophomore and start driving in November. I can totally remember being his age. THIS scares me, but thankfully, he is much smarter than me and will make much better decisions... won't you! Thomas will be an 8th grader, wow--time really flies.

You know, I love having teens. Especially teen boys. They are so fun. Not having brothers, I have had to learn a lot in raising boys. I remember being totally enamored with teen boys and wondering what it would be like to have a brother. Now I believe I am very blessed to have had a sister. I'm not sure I could have handled the stench or the physical combat that comes with a brother.

My house has taken on a complete transformation since Sunday, which is amazing. I do believe I will be ready for Saturday's shower thanks to a friend who is willing to come point me in the right direction. My only hope is that is doesn't reek of boys and dogs. (They actually smell about the same, FYI.)

I splurged and had a diet coke today. I know this doesn't sound like much but with my colon issues, it is. But hey- tomorrow's another day right?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me