Little Elijah with the Ostomy

Elijah (<--click here)

This is a little boy with an ileostomy because of Ulcerative Colitis.

He makes me feel so many, many different emotions.

I cried watching this.
I am not a crier.

I am overcome at how "matter of fact" he is about his ostomy.
I am mad at a disease for taking a part of his body from him.
I am sad that Elijah's early years have been full of pain and disease.
I am happy because he is obviously surrounded by people who love and support him.
I am thankful for his mom who allowed him to do this.
I am anxious about how other kids will treat him because of his ostomy.
I am excited for him to live a healthy UC-free life.
I am encouraged by his bravery.
I am inspired by his openness.
I am beyond any more words to describe how my heart feels about this 1 minute 50 second video.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me