Pound The Alarm Part 2

I feel totally vindicated now. :)

This morning's run was hard. 3 miles, outside, in the wind, with hills! BUT--I did it!! *happy dance* I ran the whole time with exception of 2 minutes where I walked up the steepest of the hills on the route. I was about to give up and walk the last 2 minutes of the workout as I had turned into the wind and was going up a slight incline when a new song on my playlist started. Chasing The Sun by The Wanted blared into my ears and gave me the push I needed to keep going. I stayed the course and finished my run huffing and puffing and throwing a few choice words at the dang wind and hills for screwing with my head. I did it. 

My running partner is always so encouraging. I love her like a sister and might not have stayed this committed if we weren't scheduled to run together twice a week. A shared goal has kept us both accountable and motivated. This has been a huge blessing for me. Someone to keep pushing me when I want to quit and I can do the same for her. 

This is crunch week. Now, I realize that a 5K is not much for most runners but, it's BIG for me. My first one to run, I am a bit nervous and very excited. This week means really watching what I eat, drink and getting plenty of rest. The 5K is early Saturday morning and one of my kids has a football game Friday night. Homecoming no less, so the night before the race will be a late one for me. Now it's even more important that I stay strict this week so the late night doesn't hurt me too bad. 

I do not enjoy asking for money but---if you feel moved to give, this is the link where you can donate directly. I am more than happy just have your support and well wishes so no pressure to donate. Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me