The day before Friday

One more day, one more day, one more day...
This is my chant as I attack today. This week has been very busy but good. Today holds several events that will make Friday a great day, a day to end this long week.

  1. Today is my first 20 minute nonstop run outside. That means jogging the whole 20 minutes. Yes, you probably do not need this explained; I, however, am still trying to psyche myself up for it. I know I could do it on the treadmill with no problem but, I really need to run it outside. I'm "in training" for some running events over the next few months. The first is a 5K, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on September 29th. I want to run the whole thing...we shall see. Then, there is another 5K in November and finally, a 1/2 marathon in December. 13.1 miles on December 9th in Dallas. I'm scared and excited. I don't care about times, I just want to complete the runs. (Notice I said run and not race--more mental tricks to keep myself committed.) I just want to check them off the list of Things I Couldn't Do Before The Ileostomy. I also want to wear a really cute shirt in bright orange...
  2. I see my GI doc today. Needing to change up the antidepressant I think. Since having my colon and large intestine removed, I feel like a million bucks and I'm beginning to wonder if my current medication is too strong. I think it's causing me to be very, very forgetful.  I also need to figure out why I'm having some inflammation issues too. This appointment has been hanging over me all week. In the past, these appointments were usually full of "I don't think your current medicine/treatment is controlling the UC like it should." I just don't want another issue to deal with. Please, let me enjoy my new found freedom from UC. *said in high pitched whiny tone* 
  3. Today also marks the end of my very long "To Do" list for the week. Friday I will enjoy an early morning WALK -not run- with a good friend. It will most likely end in breakfast out somewhere. This sounds wonderful. Also, I will buy a bottle of wine for the weekend. Part of my training regimen is no wine on the weekdays, only weekends. It gives me something to really look forward to because I love a good glass of wine in the evening; it beats out dessert every time. I consider that a treat for my training during the week. I will admit, sometimes I cheat but I make sure to throw an extra work out when a glass of chilled chardonnay makes into a school night.
OK, I've put off my run for as long as I can, time to hit the pavement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me