Friends

As I've gotten older and hopefully wiser, I am recognizing the importance and value of good friends and true friendship. I am very blessed to have many friends in my life from all walks of life. You could say that my taste in friends is as eclectic as my taste in animals. Which honestly, minus some rodents, there are not many animals I am unwilling to love...

Through Facebook I've reconnected with some long lost friends dating back to elementary school days. This has been so much fun. While I was in the hospital, a sweet friend I've know since kindergarten came to see me. She is as beautiful and fun as she was back then. I really enjoyed catching up with her and appreciated the knowledge she gave me on surgeons and such. It was so great to see you Stef and you'll never know how much it meant to me that you came up. Another friend from high school contacted me via Facebook and sent me a package all the way from Washington state. I have not seen her since graduating but she cared enough about my condition to offer her sincere help. I am overwhelmed by your generosity Jennifer, thank you! I know I posted in an earlier blog about the amount of well wishes and prayers I received while in the hospital, but I didn't say that the majority were from Facebook. They say (I have no idea who "they"are) if you were to breakdown your friends list from Facebook that you wouldn't really have that many friends, but, I can honestly tell you I do! After seeing all the posts and emails from Facebook alone, I am truly blessed with amazing friends in my life even if some happen to be in cyber space.

Last night, I felt good enough to go to a friend's house and enjoy a glass of wine with 2 of my closest friends. We laughed hysterically and probably annoyed the heck out of her neighbors until almost midnight. It was great fun, not to mention healthy for all of us. Laughter is the best medicine. I love you both!

Something I have learned over the years is that friends may come and go but friendship will last a lifetime. A true friend is still there in spirit no matter the distance or the years that span between. I am so very thankful for every one of my friends. I will never take friendship for granted again.

Today, I have Birthday Club lunch. This is a group of girls that have been together for 10 years now. We started as a Bible Study with our late great friend Jatawn and about 7 years ago we formed our Birthday Club as an excuse to eat lunch together at least once a month. I look forward to this Friday EVERY month. We make a total scene at what ever restaurant we land in. We have the best time and often laugh until we cry or wet our pants--which ever comes first. Girls, you rock my world!

I guess I'm feeling a bit sentimental which is highly unusual for me. Seriously, I do not get very sentimental often. My friends will testify to this as I am usually more sarcastic and jaded. I probably need some therapy for this issue but oh well...

Life is good. I feel blessed beyond measure. Thank you for loving me and know that I am a die hard and loyal friend always. God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me