Weighing in on more than just the scales.

On Monday I went to Weight Loss Zone to weigh in. Not having real high expectations, I was shocked to see the scale drop 1.4 pounds! That means since March 18 I have lost 14 pounds total! We haven't measured since April when I lost almost 17 inches but I can tell my body is changing shape. My clothes fit different and I can even tell a difference in the mirror. Can't wait to measure again in the next couple of weeks.

I am fired up to stay on track now. I think it's what I needed too. After all the laziness of summer and food splurging on vacations, I really figured I had gained. Even though my body is showing signs of progress, my mind was not in a good place. I can now understand how people who suffer from anorexia can look in the mirror and see something totally different from reality.

The mind is a powerful weapon, it really can be a battlefield. If your not careful you can listen and believe all sorts of lies from your own head! Fear of failure often keeps me from trying or even completing things. I'm finally accepting the fact that failure is a bunch of malarkey.

Being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease in my 30s has made me stronger. I know it sounds crazy because physically, I am much more challenged now than before. The difference is, I don't want to be held down. I appreciate health and energy so much more now. Why did it take a stinkin' disease to figure this out? I want to live life to the fullest. I want to be challenged and I don't care how many times I have to start over now. Pride is not an issue so failure has no power.

Every day is a new day and I am determined to keep this mind set. We watched Soul Surfer last night.
Very, very inspiring despite bad acting. Loved the basis of the story: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Also, the 1st scripture quoted in the movie is my mantra Jeremiah 29:11. To say this movie spoke to me is an understatement. The girl's determination and faith stirred my very soul.

Life will continue to put sharks in the waters around you but it's how you handle the occasional attacks. Hard core perseverance will keep you getting back on the board and looking for that next killer wave.

I've learned that God can heal so much more than a physical injury, He can heal your heart and soul too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me