How Monnie Got Her Groove Back

I feel like a new person with some sleep finally! I ended up digging an old prescription of Ambien out of the cabinet. I hate using sleeping drugs but I was absolutely desperate!! I think I'm getting back on track now.  What's amazing, with sleep comes energy. Who knew?

Feeling like my old self now with exception of getting tired very quickly. That will change though as I continue to improve. Every day this week I've tried to complete at least one task. Monday, I started on the never ending laundry, it's still going. Tuesday, I had plans to hit the grocery store until we got a call to show the house that evening. It was a pig's sty so I spent ALL day putting crap away. We are such slobs, all 4 of us. I did luck out when my friend, who also happens to clean my house, was available to come  deep clean yesterday. I could not have made it with out you Lizard!!! Today I plan to make it to the grocery store, not my favorite thing to do, but highly important to the 2 teenage bottomless pits that live in our house. I am looking forward to going back to tennis next week. I'll probably keel over dead when the lesson is over.

Eating is getting easier everyday. My menu options are changing and improving too. I've come a long way from jello and broth, thank goodness! Hoping to eat Taco Villa in the near future...

I want to sincerely thank you for the many prayers and concerns for me and my family over the past 10 days or so. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer and I know I would never have left the hospital with my colon in tact if not for your covering. I have never bounced back from a flare this fast either. I am feeling the hand of God everyday because of your faithfulness and prayers. A friend told me yesterday that my name was on a prayer chain clear over in Georgia! God is good and my colon is proof.
Maybe it just prolonged the inevitable, but looking back, the first week of school is probably not the best time for me to have a colectomy. It was hard to see that while in the hospital and in pain. I am so thankful and happy to be home and able to enjoy my kids first week with them.

Tonight, we plan to start a family Bible study: Experiencing God. I'm really looking forward to this. Shannon and I did this back in college before we were married (it's been over 19 years) so it'll be like a new study again. I'm hoping the boys will enjoy it and gain some new understanding from it too.

August 19th marked the 7 year anniversary of the death of a sweet friend of mine. I still miss her everyday. The experience of loosing her has made me appreciate the bonds of friendship so much more. I was reminded of this while watching Fried Green Tomatoes last night. Love that show and it has been years since I've seen it. With good friends surrounding you, life is full of joy and laughter even in the tough times.

Well, time to sign off and get the kids off to school. Blessings~


Comments

  1. Minnie, I am so sorry you've been so sick. I would like tobring y'all a homemade chicken pot pie tomorrow if that's ok. I too miss our sweet friend who died way too early. Hope you're feeling better.
    Love,blessings and prayers for a speedy recovery
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristie! That would be most excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better!

    Celee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me