Good Gravy!

And we are up, but not happy about it! Thomas is a bit cranky for two-a-days so watch out Coach Flowers...

I'm up after a crappy night's sleep. Every joint and muscle in my body is on fire. One of the perks of not sleeping well.

I had plans to hit the gym this morning but now I'm thinking it might be this afternoon. I'll make that decision after coffee.

Yesterday, my sister had her 3rd baby! A little girl, Rachel Jane. Rachel joins big sis Kate (16 mo) and big bro Elias (3 yrs).  Can you say sleep deprived? I guess I shouldn't complain. I cannot wait to meet this little girl. It's so fun having nieces after my two stinky boys. We now have 3 nieces and 3 nephews between our two families. It makes Christmas so fun!

I'm really wanting our house to sell so we can go back to our slobby ways. This having to keep it nice and pretty all the time is killing me! I am, however, enjoying the pool with this heat. It's the only moisture around...

My 20th high school reunion was this past weekend. We didn't go. I just couldn't get excited about it. I spent 3 years trying to get out of high school when I was there so going back didn't hold much appeal. I won't lie though, I've been scouring the photos everyone is posting on facebook. What's surprised me the most, we look like middle aged people! I know we're not 18 anymore, but dang! We look like our parents did when we were in high school! I didn't even recognize some people until I read the captions. Crazy.

We are just 3 weeks from school starting. I am usually much more prepared than this. I don't know what's happened to me this summer. I like to have school supplies and clothes shopped for by now. Of course, now with 2 high schoolers, you have to wait till the 1st day to get a supply list from each teacher. That means fighting over pencils at Walmart the evening of the first day of school, UHG! Where's the tylenol? My head is starting to hurt already...

In other news, Shannon and I are headed out for a little anniversary trip this week. Original thought was Vegas but now we're opting for somewhere a bit cooler like Santa Fe. I'm excited, one last hooray before the madness of school starts.

Found a Bible study that sounds interesting: Me, Myself & Lies by Jennifer Rothschild. It focuses on how we talk to ourselves. Changing negative self-talk in to positive soul-talk. I figure I can use a little of that.  I plan on starting it September 1st so if you pick one up too I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

The new Premier Designs Jewelry catalog is out...I'm going to be broke. It has some awesome new stuff in it! Hit me up if you love jewelry and want some for free! I can make it happen!

A friend of mine posed the question "Do you believe in soul mates?" on her blog the other day. That's a very interesting question. I happen to believe in it as I feel like I married mine. Of course, that doesn't mean it's always been easy. We've had our share of ups and downs and I'm sure we will continue to do so until death do us part. I feel very fortunate though, we married VERY, VERY young but have managed to grow and mature together. It doesn't always work out that way. I know Shannon is the only man for me, I can't imagine life with out him. I really don't want to think about what I would do if he weren't around. So, do you believe in soul mates? Thanks Jami for making me think a little harder than normal. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me