jill & bubba

These are my two constant companions, Jill the fat cat and Bubba the dirty white dog. They weigh about the same and are close in size. Bubba is just a bit taller but Jill definately has the bigger ego.


Here are some things I've observed in these two animals:

  • Jill takes naps wherever and whenever possible.
  • Bubba is always happy. He wears his smile on his tail for all to see.
  • Jill likes to lay in the sun and relax.
  • Bubba never misses an opportunity to have fun.
  • Jill doesn't care what others think. 
  • Bubba doesn't worry about his white coat getting dirty.
  • Both Jill and Bubba love affection, attention and company.
Now, I'm thinking, I should incorporate a little of each one of these traits in to my own life. Maybe I won't nap quite like Jill but a cat nap here or there is good for the mind, body and soul. 
I should smile more. I don't want to know if what my mom said was true about my face freezing in an ugly glare, so no more taking chances. 
I'm going to take more time to enjoy my surroundings. Soak up the Son and all life has to offer. No worries, just living in the moment and taking care of the most important things in my life. 
I'm gonna have more fun. Be the party waiting to happen. 
Put more focus on doing things for reasons other than what others think. Keep it all in perspective.
When I die, will anyone really remember if I had everything in it's place and perfect? Will I really care if they do? 
I will make more of an effort to show affection, give more attention and enjoy whoever is in my company at the moment. Make opportunities for more fellowship.


God created us as social beings. Some more so than others but still, we were not meant to be alone. I tend to be a bit of a hermit myself and this is an area I want to improve. I don't want to have regrets about not living life to the fullest. In order to truly do this, I must leave my comfort zone and allow myself succeed and mess up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me