Domestic Goddess

Yeah, right.

This is a talent not given to me when God was artfully knitting me together in my mother's womb. My sister seemed to get all of that; therefor, I struggle considerably when it comes to cleaning and cooking.

Shannon and I agreed, many moons ago, to hire a person to clean for us. I was willing to go with out necessities like eating or toilet paper in order to afford someone once a month. We managed to continue eating and I did cut expenses else where but we have never regretted it. I think it saved our marriage! We now have an amazing woman who cleans for us once a week. She should probably come every day since we are such slobs but that's just a little over the top... i can dream though...

Cooking. This is a bad, bad word in my vocabulary. I think I'm intimidated by it basically. I don't enjoy it unless I am sipping a glass of wine and let's face it--sipping wine at 7AM is probably not a good idea. Thank God for Pinterest! This little website has saved me! It is a plethora of EASY recipes. In fact, just today I was able to throw 2 full meals in the freezer to pop in the oven or crockpot for the 1st week of school. It took less than an hour! I'm also trying out a crockpot breakfast casserole for in the morning. Seriously--I just threw a bunch of stuff in the crockpot and covered it with this eggy mixture; now, if I can only remember to turn it on before I go to bed...

I'm finding I can stand in the kitchen a lot longer now since saying adios to UC (Ulcerative Colitis). I feel so much better and knowing I can actually eat what I make is quite nice. I may be able to pick up a few talents in the kitchen after all. Who knew feeling good would make a person able to tolerate something they loathe?

Tonight I made a fantastic meal in ONE dish! In a 9x12 baking dish, lay thawed pork chops in a line down the center, on one side I poured frozen broccoli florets and on the other small new potatoes. Then, I sprinkled a package of dry Italian  salad dressing seasoning over the whole mess and topped it off with a stick of melted butter. Baked it at 375 for around an hour; covered for about the 1st half. Yeah, I know that last bit with the butter is a little evil; but man, was it good!! I think you could do this with pretty much any combo of meat and veggies. So cool!

I don't think I'll ever feel this way about cleaning though. Liz, your job is safe!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me