Super Girl

I am woman hear me roar!!

Yes, it's Monday and, it's 9:30 and, I've been for a run and, I've got the laundry going and, I set out meat for dinner! I'm on a roll! Whoop whoop!

Today's run was my usual 30+ minutes but this time I added a little elevation change. Holy crap!! I'm not sure if this is a good sign or not but, at some point my legs went numb. I think my mind just flipped a switch so I could make it through the workout.

When I got up this morning, at what felt like the crack of dawn, I thought there was no possible way I could get myself into my runners and out the door. I took it slow, had some coffee and breakfast and stared into space for a while. Eventually, I did it though. I pushed through the haze of wanting to crawl back in bed and put my athletic bra on instead. I am convinced athletic wear, bras in particular, are made by Satan.

For more motivation, I changed into my "Super Girl" ostomy wear. These are smaller, closed ended pouches that don't irritate my skin as much when I am all sweaty. I also decorate these with inspirational sayings. Today's said "BE FIERCE."

Once outside, I was greeted by a beautiful morning. Fall is in the air and could be felt in the coolness of the breeze. It was a quiet morning, only the birds seemed to be up and at it. My start was slow as I tried to get my blood pumping. After a 5 minute warm up walk, it was time to pick up the pace and move. My whole body seemed to fight me. I must have looked like I was drunk, I couldn't run in a straight line to save my life! My feet kept catching on the pavement lurching me forward at awkward angles. Man, it was ugly! Thankfully, I didn't fall. Somehow, I managed to stay upright. Eventually, I finally got a rhythm going and my feet and legs finally cooperated. Then came the elevation changes. I'm pretty sure that a two year old on a tricycle could have done laps around me as I trudged up the slight inclines.

Let me explain, we live in the flattest place on Earth. When I say hill, that is ANY incline no matter how slight! What inclines feel like to us flatlanders--Mt Everest. My neighborhood has a few streets that have some elevation change to them and I try to avoid them like the plague. Today, I was feeling brave and decided to give it a try. I nearly passed out on the first one trying to keep my breath steady. I really need to incorporate those on a regular basis! My hips and thighs started burning immediately so I guess, that's when the brain flipped the switch for me to push through. The incline is only like half a block but it seemed 7 miles long and at a 90 degree angle.

Well, I've sat long enough, time to get a move on.
Hasta la vista baby!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me