Kicking Bootay!

This morning, I downloaded some new tunage specifically for running. I read an article in Runner's World magazine about pacing your run and how music set to certain a BPM (Beats Per Minute) can help. This isn't exactly breaking news; however, I needed some extra umph this morning and this was it. Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING gets me moving better than some great butt busting music.

Wow!

I flew through my run this morning. The music is continuous so the songs go from one into the next allowing your pace to stay constant. I didn't realize how beneficial this could be. My momentum never wavered at all! I'm hoping this is not a fluke deal but more of how I will continue to run.

The hubs and I are trying out a new protein shake by Herbalife. I really like these products. The ones I'm most excited about, other than the nutritional shakes, are the Aloe juice which aids in digestion and a re-hydrating powder that mixes with water to help with dehydration issues. People with ostomies dehydrate easier and faster because our we no longer have a colon that helps to store water for the body. I learned this the hard way this summer playing tennis. I suffered some heat exhaustion because I couldn't seem to drink enough water fast enough while on the court in the Texas heat. The Aloe juice is pretty good with a mango flavor and the consistency of water. It will help reduce heartburn and other indigestion issues. It will help flush out the impurities from some of the crap we eat. It does all this from a shot glass size serving. Herbalife also has several various programs such as, weight loss and fitness building, I'm excited to learn more about these.
Herbalife website

I'm having so much fun putting inspirational saying on my athletic ostomy bags. Here's the one for today:
"STRONG is what happens when you run out of weak."
It may seem silly, but I love it! It reminds me that having an ileostomy is a good thing. Even when I have bag issues like leaks or fitting problems, I am reminded that this little pouch on the right side of my tummy has given me my life back. Quality of life! I never appreciated my health until it was a daily fight to get out of bed!

After my run this morning, I had a shake and I feel amazing! So much energy! I think I'm gonna kick some bootay today! With that, I'm off to shred my "TO DO" list... Laters Baby!

Comments

  1. Love your zest for life!! How long have you had you ileostomy?
    Have you tried coconut water for a re-hydrating drink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. I had my ileostomy surgery September 2011 and rectum removal in December of that same year. So, in answer to your question--almost a year. Have not tried coconut water, mainly because I do not like the taste of coconuts so I'm a little hesitant...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me