Keepin' My Cool!

I think I've finally figured out how to stay cool while running in the 90+ degree heat of West Texas! I know I look bundled like I'm headed to the ski slope but I'm actually in dri-fit clothes. Around my neck is a Frogg Loggs Chilly Pad. These are the BOMB!!! It's this funky material you wet down and then hang around your neck and it keeps you cool. Also, the bandana around my head is wet to aid in cooling. What you can't tell is that I actually wet down EVERYTHING I am wearing. No more heat exhaustion for this girl! I'm using a Camelback backpack, which I added ice water to, to help stay hydrated. I'm sure all of this helps me burn more calories, at least it better.

So--those of you who have ostomies or issues with the heat, how do you stay cool? What are your tips to beat the heat? I'm always looking for new info. Please share with me here or on Facebook:  West Texas Ostomy Support Group

This whole staying hydrated thing has been a real issue since having my ostomy. I drink tons and tons of water especially when I workout. This was never a problem when we lived in the country and had well water but now that we live in town, city water is AWFUL!!!!! I bet I spend a house payment on bottled water every month. Thankfully our new house is framing and soon we will be back in the country and back on well water.

Here is a pic of our sticks! I love this stage; it's so exciting to see a house rise out of timber. I love the way a framed house smells too; the aroma of cut wood.  It's been over 10 years since we built a home for us and the process is just so exciting! Getting to choose everything from brick to paint to light fixtures and appliances makes me do a happy dance.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UHG!

There's an oil for that...

New Year ~ New Me